- This event has passed.
Ethereum Smart Contracts Workshop – NYC
February 23, 2018 - February 24, 2018$1095.00
Our course is different because it keeps a general approach. We’ll use the open source Truffle framework as the base on which to create our smart contracts. Our course isn’t meant to promote a specific framework or working environment, therefor we have more time to teach you how to actually create smart contracts, how to deploy them and how to test them.
We’ll also teach you the basic concepts behind blockchain architecture and how they might affect your codes. Finally, we’ll make sure that you’ll leave this weekend with all of the tools that are required to start and produce your own smart contracts and to allow you to continue your education on your own.
General description – with the rapid change in blockchain technology, this might be subjected to change without notice.
We’ll teach you:
· The basic concepts behind blockchain architecture – Hashing, asymmetric encryption, how blocks are chained, mining etc.
· What is the Ethereum Virtual Machine – storage and memory, transactions VS local evaluation and intro to Ethereum OPCODES.
· How to set your own working environment using node.js, Truffle, and testrpc – Every developer need a working environment to work on. We’ll help you set it so that by the end of the weeked, you’ll be ready to start create your own smart contracts in just couple of minutes.
· Solidity fundamentals and how it can be used to write smart contracts – The syntax of the language and what makes compiling for the EVM so different.
· Web3.js library – the bridge between the old and the new. This is how web architecture and Ethereum blockchain communicates.
· Creating and running tests using Mocha and Chai packagaes – Because making sure your code runs is important!
By the end of these two days you’ll have all that is required to start developing your own smart contracts. You’ll have a working environment and configured framework, you’ll know the basic blockchain mechanism – specifically the ones relevant to Ethereum as a virtual machine and you’ll know how to write, test and deploy your smart contracts.
The workshop will take two days over the weekend so it will not affect your day job, but it will be intensive and require your full attention over these two days.